It’s all about Relationships here at Bank of New Jersey which is why we have a vested interest in contributing to our local communities and sharing what we do with you. However, because the banking industry is highly regulated, we have to follow certain rules.
Our Facebook page is public, which means that anyone can see your posts on Facebook and your posts may even show up in search-engine results (like on Google or Yahoo!). While we want to foster healthy discussion, we may occasionally remove posts that don’t fit our community guidelines.
Because our Facebook page is a public page and anyone can participate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others;
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent;
- Do not post someone else’s copyrighted work unless you have permission; and
- Never post personal, identifying or confidential information.
Please note that this page is moderated by Bank of New Jersey employees. We’ll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can’t guarantee that we’ll reply to every comment.
Customer Service Inquiries
If you are a customer with a question about a Bank of New Jersey account, you can get help by:
- Visiting one of our branches
- Calling your home branch (the numbers for which can be found here: http://www.bonj.net/locations
- E-mailing us at email@example.com
Please be aware that Bank of New Jersey will never ask you for confidential or private information on Facebook. If we require additional information, you will be contacted offline and it will only be in response to a question you have submitted to us.
You may also receive assistance with banking and personal accounts through our other channels:
- Website: https://www.bonj.net
- Twitter http://www.twitter.com/bankofnewjersey
- Phone or In Person: http://www.bonj.net/locations
Bank of New Jersey has a presence in various social media/social networking outlets and may occasionally identify and respond to customers seeking assistance with banking-related issues. In the event a customer receives such a communication from the bank regarding a service request or other need, the customer may be offered other Bank of New Jersey channels to help address those concerns as smoothly and effectively as possible.
Those are the basics. Our full policies are listed below.
Our Facebook page is moderated by Bank of New Jersey employees. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Our Facebook page is a place for conversations between and among individuals and Bank of New Jersey, and is not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Please visit www.bonj.net for more information about specific products and services.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our Facebook page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our Facebook page is also not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious e-mails should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank of New Jersey reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Comment and Posting Policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language.
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization.
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post. While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may delete negative comments about Bank of New Jersey and/or our competitors that aren’t relevant and don’t add to the overall experience.
We may delete comments that we deem to be off topic, including solicitations. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our Facebook page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our Facebook page to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Facebook page, you are granting Bank of New Jersey nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you’ll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company.
Please note that any URL coming from the domain “http://www.bonj.net” leads to an official Bank of New Jersey website.
Privacy and Security Policies
To read Facebook’s Terms of Service, please click here. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, phone numbers or e-mail addresses in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted.
Bank of New Jersey, N.A., Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.
Â© 2014 Bank of New Jersey Corporation. All rights reserved.